Graphic Designer / Photographer / Illustrator
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate environment and entrepreneurial experience.
- Working knowledge of user-centred web design and back-end platforms with a good understanding of responsive design.
- Accomplished at interacting with clients and production personnel.
- Expert at integrating creative design, production, sales and marketing considerations.
- Manage large-scale graphic promotion projects with international companies.
- Published illustrator with “The Baby Signing Book” by Sara Bingham.
- Provides professional photography services as Marlen James.
Ipsos Interactive Services 2007-present Senior Graphic Designer
- Content management for i-Say.com for US, CA and French Canada.
- Develop pages as necessary and troubleshooting small scale issues.
- Monthly maintenance as well as production and non-production deployment processes.
Email Marketing Tool Management
- Development of mobile friendly international HTML communications.
- Successfully handled the production part of a custom panelist retention project using ExactTarget.
- Management of the mail-out internal tool, e-Sender for updating and maintaining html templates and monthly newsletter deployment to over +500,000 members.
- Support each custom invite from development to launch.
- Production of the brand guidelines for global implementation.
- Creative banner advertising development following brand guidelines.
- Digital asset library management.
- Optimization and editing of digital content for web, email and social media.
- Creation of logos and general design for new services.
- Concept creation (artwork, typography, layout design).
- Documenting hours per project.
- Executing design layout.
- Liaising with team members and other designers.
JV Graphic since 2004 Owner
Technical and operational functions to develop and maintain a free-lance graphic design and photography business specializing in print, advertising, portraits and web.
Proficient at sales and marketing, contract negotiation, client needs assessment, scheduling and delivering service on time and on budget, staff recruitment and supervision, troubleshooting and excellent customer service.
Bambino's Photography Studio-Toronto 1/2003 - 05/2005 Partner and Owner
- Creating business concept, model and services.
- Established and developed relationships with vendors that provided services for new moms (Movies for Mommies, WeeHands, Hipmommies and others).
- Marketing strategies to drive bookings and online traffic.
- Print order management.
- All areas of graphic design including logos, business cards, advertising and web page design.
- Digital photo retouching.
- Assisting in sessions (2nd photographer).
Glamour Shots -Toronto 1/2002 - 1/2003 Manager
Photography and customer service
- Photo sessions included: makeup application and hair styling, photo session, proofing and sales or support in any of these areas for other team members.
- Managed and maintained the day to day studio activities to ensure a smooth and friendly environment.
- Main support to the general manager with budgeting, payroll, training and expense management for 5 employees.
- Managed studio, clothing, equipment and makeup inventory.
Graphic Line- North York 2/2000 - 11/2001 Production Artist
- Completed final digital files to supplied specifications of food packaging, flexo and litho, for Loblaws Co., following strict guidelines for their product lines.
- Typographical corrections or kerning to files as needed.
- Prepared for colour separation, mock-ups & complete digital output for filmmaker.
- Followed established procedures for job and data management.
- Ensured that all items were proofread and checked for accuracy to specifications.
- Designed labels, logos, menus, stationary & ads for other clients.
Freelance Spanish/English Translator
- Simultaneous translation during International Trade events.
- Brochure and catalogue translation for several companies.
Adobe Design Suite, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash, all MS office programs. Both PC and MAC platforms.
HTML, CSS, Responsive Design, WordPress, Blogger, Database.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, Tumblr and Instagram.
Free hand illustration in pencil, oil, water colour and digital media and Digital Photography for events, portrait and products.
1999 Graphic and Editorial Bachelor of Arts Degree from UNIVA Guadalajara, Mexico
1999 Professional Make Up Certificate from Toronto School of Aesthetics